Exploring the City of Canberra


I find time and time again I am wishing or planning holidays to explore different countries around the world, but I have recently realised I have never really explored my own. My sister has recently moved to Canberra so my family and myself drove down to experience the counties capital and visit her of course.


Exploring
Jumpsuit: Topshop
Sunglasses: Mink Pink
We stayed at The East Hotel, recently opening in September 2012 the hotel had a really beautiful and contemporary design. Situated between the vibrant hubs of Kingston and Manuka or as we later found out ‘hipster central’ of which I had absolutely no qualms about.



Instagram photos in the lift

My sister and her boyfriend introduced us to the local café and bar scene in Kingston, however as we didn’t have much time to kill we couldn’t try them all out unfortunately. The café we went to on Sunday morning was called Penny’s University. It had a typical Greenwich Village vibe, with open brick walls and such a great atmosphere.


My amazing (and massive) Blueberry and Ricotta Pancake
After catching up we went and explored the Kingston Markets, full of homemade goods and antiques. In between peering through vintage clothes and strolling through the markets we decided to go to the Australian War Memorial.





The museum is really moving, and we got to see and read all the stories told by the people who helped and went to war and those who were left behind. We even found our great uncles name on the memorial wall and put a poppy next to it.




Our time in Canberra soon came to an end and after a slow drive  (still on my learners…haha) we made it home.
I think I’ll be exploring more of Canberra and towns around Australia in the future. I’d love to hear your suggestions in the description below.


Remember you can follow me on any of the social media sites linked above and now on BlogLovin’, I love a chat and to meet new people plus you get to see when I upload a new post.

Feany
xx



1 comments:

  1. Great post! I've only ever been to Canberra with school but this makes it look much more exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Follow on Bloglovin
 
Follow on Bloglovin