April Favourites


Hi…. I feel like I have to re-introduce myself.


My name is Francesca, or Feany if you prefer, and I am absolutely horrible at maintaining a blog… phew got that off my chest!

I have actually been on mid-semester break so I can hardly blame my absence on uni work, even though that has unfortunately been plentiful. I actually had a few of blog ideas as well, but with horrid lighting and a very swollen toe - that refused to get into any shoe without hurting – a Autumn lookbook didn’t seem like it would work out.

Today after about 9 hours of pouring over my homework followed by a quick run in the rain, I am finally rugged up, warm and most definitely need a creative outlet. So here [drum roll] are my monthly favourites!!


I am a complete skin care junkie, and have tried almost everything from drugstore to highstreet. I have very complex skin and for most of my teenage years up until a few months ago I would constantly get bad breakouts, which did nothing for my self-esteem, and nothing seemed to help. Strong cleansers such as Proactive proved to be a tad poopy and would get rid of the pimples but I would be left with dry skin, and then the moisturiser would cause breakouts – it was a major loose, loose situation – so when I finally stumbled across the Kate Sommerville Goat Milk Cream which worked wonders, I was hooked. It isn’t the cheapest but I strongly believe that There's no point spending lot's of money on makeup to cover up our skin if we aren't spending the money on making sure our skin is up to scratch underneath it.

I have recently started on Roaccutaine and love it, my skin completely cleared up within a matter of weeks, I continued to use this moisturiser and had my eye on some others as I thought my medication would dry my skin completely out, however I’m in my fourth month and have not had to use anything else.


Proving my love for skin care, my next favourite it the Soap&Glory Sugar Crush Moisture Extreme Body Buttercream. I really can't recommend the Soap & Glory products highly enough. The packaging is brilliant and gimmicky (and honestly who can’t resist good packaging) and all their products smell fab. I just apply a bit – or more if the situation is really dire - of this after a bath or shower onto slightly damp skin. It not only makes you smell amazing but also refreshes your skin.



The Trichovedic Hair Wisdom is my holy grail of hair care. When my ombre hair started to fade I quickly turned to this. Having worked in a Hair Salon for almost 3 years I picked up on the best hair care products, this being one of them. I simply apply this to the ends of my hair (I find if it is a little bit damp it works better), massage it in, tie it up in a bun and I’m done. You can leave this is as long as you want – the longer the better – I sometimes sleep with this in my hair to maintain the blonde, just be sure to have old pillows as it's bright blue! And don't forget to wash it out...


I have a series complex about how clean my hair is, and cannot deal when it's the least bit oily and I know that the constant washing of my hair isn’t very good so I have turned to Dry Shampoo. I’m a little late on the bandwagon for this hair care product, however this month I have fallen head over heels with bastiste Dry Shampoo. It refreshes my hair instantly and gives amazing volume. I’m a bit of a beauty snob so I love the fact that this is so affordable and so effective amazed me! 



These next few cheeky purchases weren’t too kind on the pocket of an unemployed university student, however as I stated before I am such a make-up snob and am totally NARS obsessed. I first used the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in the colour Santa Fe for my year 12 formal and it was love at first sight… or wear? It is so light and applies flawlessly, I was previously using MAC which wasn’t overly kind on my skin type and I found it quite heavy, however my make-up look is totally changed now that I have this as my base, it looks much more natural and finished.


One of my two most recent NARS purchases were the NARS Radiance Enhancing Pro-Prime. I first tried this as a sample from one of the Mecca Beauty Loop packages, and as I was after a good primer it worked out perfectly and I soon raced into Mecca Cosmetica to get my hands on it, and as your can see it is well loved. 
I just have to apply a small amount to my face and it creates a smooth and illuminated complexion, to fake perfect skin, which is always nice. 




























Secondly I picked up the NARS Final Cut Blusher just as a little treat, it is a really beautiful peach and adds colour to the face and I’m seriously loving it!



What have been your April Favourites?

Have you tried any of these products?

Remember you can follow me on any of the social media sites linked above and now on BlogLovin’, I love a chat and to meet new people plus you get to see when I upload a new post.

Feany
xx







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin
 
Follow on Bloglovin